A 3 days expedition on a paddleboard in the Arctics
The hypnotising beauty of Norway is shaped by more than a thousand fjords. After the last ice age, crystal clear blue water of the Arctic ocean poured into beautiful valleys and canyons, carved by the brutal power of the moving ice. Summer above the Arctic circle is a seemingly never ending spectacle of the beautiful landscapes, brushed by the different hues of the stubborn sun, who refuses to hide at night. Magnificent ant cosy at the same time; the fjords in the Troms region feel isolated and meditative.
We invite you to explore the mystical beauty of the Nordic mountains and the magical fjords by walking on water. Stand up paddling is the one of the most ecological ways to connect spiritually to the nature. Your body is free to move, you gently balance on the little surface ripples by moving in a fjord with the most minimal impact possible , your eyes are high above the water to explore giant cliffs and underwater fauna. All the sources of noise are far behind, the only thing you hear are birds, water and wind.
We cannot wait to share this unforgettable experience with you. You are welcome to join us for the 3 day adventure on the paddle boards. Ibiza, French Riviera, Canary islands… these places are boring. Real adventurer must try exploring the Arctic on the paddle board. The astonishing beauty of the nature in the Troms region, together with the most effective and yet relaxing workout will clean up your mind from the enormous amounts of the white noise of our society, that distracts us from the things that really matter.
We designed the program in the way, that you don’t need any prior experience in paddle boarding. The first day, we will paddle around the Hakoya island, just in front of the Tromso city, to learn the basic techniques and some tricks behind this hot new sport. After the proper lesson you’ll have a nice time with more than 300 friendly dogs in our Husky farm, a dinner and a wonderful night in the traditional Sami hut. Next morning, after the breakfast, we’ll go to the start point of our 2 days in the wilderness paddle board trip.
After the day of paddling we will set up a camp in a picturesque place. A time for cozy dinner, beautiful pictures, and relaxation. After the night in a tent, breakfast in the wilderness, we will paddle to the destination point. On the way we’ll stop for a short break and snacks. For you to stay focused on important things, during the trip we’ll take a lot of photos, and after the retouching we will send them to you.
Just to make sure it wasn’t a dream.
Aproximate activity schedule
- Pick up at Radisson Blu Hotel: 9:30
- Arrival in Hakoy: 10:00
- Change in wetsuits: 10:00 to 10:15
- Explanations approx: 10:15 to 10:35
- Stand up paddling: 10:35 to 12:00
- Lunch on the beach: 12:00 to 12:30
- Stand up paddling: 12:30 to 14:30
- 14:50 Change clothes and snacks: 20 min
- Transport to Tromso Villmarkssenter:14:50 to 15:00
- Rest, visit dog farm: 15:00 to 18:00
- Dinner: 18:00 to 19:00
- Rest and night in Lavvu: from 19:00
- Breakfast in Gamme: 8:00 to 8:45
- Drive to Rekvik: 9:00 to 10:00
- Paddle to first rest point: Approx 10:00 to 13:00
- Lunch: 13:00 to 14:00
- Paddle to second rest point: Approx 14:00 to 16:30
- Snacks: 16:30 to 17:00
- Paddle to third rest point: Approx 17:00 to 18:30
- Set up camp and dinner: from 18:30
- Breakfast and pack away the camp: 8:00 to 10:00
- Paddle to first rest point: Approx 10:00 to 11:00
- Pack away camp: 30 min
- Lunch: 11:00 to 12:00
- Paddle to Ersfjordbotn: approx 12:00 to 14:30
- Transport to Radisson Blu Hotel: 14:30 to 15:00
- Stand up paddling: 2.5 hours